Through this program, National Board Certified App State alumni serve as mentors to NBCTApps participants, who are invited to attend monthly support group sessions in which the alumni provide instruction, support and resources for educators completing the National Board Certification process. A total of 138 alumni are available to assist teachers.
Our 2022-2023 schedule of offerings includes:
Online Zoom Sessions: 3:45pm to 5:15pm; 2nd Mondays of the Month
1) Unpacking standards--September 12, 2022
2) Writing tips--October 10, 2022
3) National Board Speaker (Lisa Clarke)--January 9, 2023
4) NBCT Panels--February 13, 2023 (including video tips)
5) Meet with your mentors--April and May, at your leisure!
2 Saturday Bootcamps: November 19, 2022 (App State); March 25, 2023 (Wilkes County)
2) Mentors will be onsite to assist
3) Participants must register ahead of time
4) Minimum attendance: 10 candidates
5) Free food & drinks provided!
6) Door Prizes will be given away at 10am and 1pm ($50 gift cards provided by the NWRESA!!)
7) Open to anyone in the Public School Partnership or any App State Alumni for FREE!
Appalachian State University has been recognized for the sixth consecutive year as the national leader for the number of alumni who are National Board Certified Teachers, with 2, 211 alumni having earned the national credential to date.