About the Partnership Leaders Council
This year, the RCOE Public School Partnership is updating the way they look at leadership, feedback, and collaboration! Through the newly approved Partnership Leader's Council (PLC), we will achieve our goals of:
- connecting with partners in addition to the PSP Governing Board
- creating notable leadership opportunities within our PSP/RCOE
- building a two-way pipeline of communication and shared resources between our RCOE and the districts.
- providing training and support on topics of "Equity" for representatives of the districts
The Partnership Leaders Council will consist of aspiring leaders in each of our PSP partnering districts, as well as student leaders in our education programs on campus. Members will apply to be a part of this group through a quick and easy application process. A form will be sent out to all PSP members to complete, if interested!
The PLC will meet at the RCOE or virtually, and we will engage in:
- leadership training from our Department of Leadership and Educational Studies
- equity training from our RCOE Inclusive Excellence Team
- exposure to our programs and offerings from the university by way of guest speakers from across our campus
- panels of discussion on hot topics in public schools (with faculty and the CORE Revision Team invited to attend and discuss)
- a collaborative planning of a "Leadership Conference" hosted by the PSP for our partner districts
- a collaborative shared service project to bond and give back within our Partnership region
- a celebration in our last PLC which will include a final reception with Superintendents in the PSP Governing Board and Dean Spooner
The PLC meeting dates for the 2020-2021 school year are:
- December 9th: 4 to 6pm
- February 10th: 4 to 6pm
- April 14th: 4 to 6pm
- June 3rd: 4 to 6pm
- July 14-15, 2021: RCOE Conference opportunity (2 day virtual event; responsibilities will vary among participants)
Congratulations to the first cohort of Reich College of Education Partnership Leaders Council Members:
We will be using the two attached frameworks to guide our plan for PD, special speakers, pre- and post- assessments, activities, and themes:
These distinguished PLC members were honored on Saturday, November 14th at the App State vs. Georgia State Football Game, as it was Education Day for Appalachian Football! Their pictures were displayed on the video board during the actual football game!
See read more about this exciting team, the football event, and the Sun Belt Conference Grant that will support these efforts, check out this article!